Dragon Boat Northern Territory (DBNT)
Dragon Boat NT Incorporated is the peak body for the sport of Dragon Boat Racing in the Northern Territory of Australia. DBNT was established in April 1998 with a few dedicated paddlers sitting in chairs practicing their technique before the delivery of the first boat.
There are now over 100 regular paddlers in based across four clubs:
- Dragons Abreast
- Bayview Sundragons (currently not operating)
- Arafura Dragon Paddlers
- Ord River Dragons (located in Kununurra)
Territory dragon boat paddlers compete at both national and international level.
DBNT's primary goals are:
- to promote and preserve the cultural, philosophical and historical traditions of dragon boat racing;
- to promote, be responsible for, manage, develop and encourage dragon boat racing whist maintaining the established traditions; and
- to promote the Northern Territory as a venue for dragon boat festival.